More To Life
What if there is more to life than what you’re living?
Jesus said, “I am the way, the truth and the life…” (Jn 14:6). He also said, “I have come to give you life to the full” (Jn 10:10). Jesus can give you a fulfilled life because He is life. He is the Creator of all life. He is the Giver of life.
Are you experiencing a fulfilled life? Would you like to discover more to life? Would you like to know how to experience a fulfilling life? A life of fulfillment is not found in money or possessions or status or accomplishments.
A fulfilled life is found in a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. It’s not a problem free life. It’s having God himself walking with you through the challenges of life. If you want the assurance of the forgiveness of your sins, if you want the full life experience found only in Jesus Christ, it begins with entering into a relationship with him by following these simple steps…
1) Believe that Jesus died on the cross to pay for your sins and that He rose again.
- Jesus loves you so much that he wants to have a personal relationship with you. He loves you so much that he died on the cross to make that relationship possible. The Bible says that we have all sinned. The problem with sin is that it separates us from God. You may think that being separated from God is not a big deal, but being separated from God for all eternity means going to a place called “hell”. The good news is that Jesus took your sins upon himself when he died on the cross. He bridged that gap of separation making it possible for us to be brought back to Him. Experiencing his forgiveness begins with believing the fact that Jesus died on the cross for your sins and that he rose again.
2) Admit to Jesus in prayer that you are a sinner and need his forgiveness.
- Jesus’ death on cross and raising to life again doesn’t automatically save you. He became the Way for your salvation, but you need to recognize your sinful lost condition, repenting of your sin and turning to faith in Him. The Bible states that if we confess our sins that he will forgive us of our sins. When you receive his forgiveness, you receive the gift of salvation that he purchased for you. You cannot earn your salvation. You cannot work for your salvation. It is by faith that you receive his forgiveness and the gift of salvation. It is by confessing to Him that you are a sinner and receiving his forgiveness by faith.
3) Invite Jesus to come into your life committing to follow him as your Lord and Savior.
- Asking Jesus into your life is done by personal invitation. Jesus won’t force his way into your life. Think of it as Jesus standing at the door of your life, but there is only a door knob on the inside of the door. Only you can open that door to your life by inviting Jesus to come in. Following Jesus as the Lord of your life means that you will live a life of obedience to his Word, the Bible. It’s not because you have to, but because you want to. You’re not working for your salvation, you are walking it out. It’s out of your love for Him, a love that you will receive from inviting him into your life.
- When you invite Jesus into your life as Lord and Savior, he takes up residence in you by his Holy Spirit. You become what Jesus called, “born again”. That means that the Holy Spirit gives new life to your spirit that was dead due to sin.
- If you would like to experience the forgiveness of your sins, receive the gift of salvation and live in the fullness of life that Jesus has for you then it will require turning from your life of sin and turning to Jesus for forgiveness and salvation. It begins with a prayer of repentance like the one here, but continues with living a life of obedience to God’s Word and his will. It’s a relationship that requires growth by continuing to turn from sin and live in a right relationship with Jesus. If you are willing to follow Jesus as your Lord and Savior, then out of your own heart pray this prayer:
“Dear God in heaven. I recognize today that I am a sinner in need of your forgiveness. I believe that Jesus died on the cross for my sins and that he rose again and is alive today. Forgive me Jesus of all my sins. Come into my life and help me to follow you as my Lord and Savior. Thank you for dying for me. Thank you for forgiving me. Thank you for saving me. Amen.”
If you have just made that decision to make Jesus the Lord and Savior of your life…Congratulations! You are on your way to a full life experience in Jesus Christ.
Here are some practices to begin your new adventure with Jesus:
1) Begin reading the Bible and talking to Jesus on a daily basis.
By reading your Bible and talking to the Lord you will become aware of areas of your life that need changing. Ask Jesus to make those changes in you. God speaks to his people through the Bible. Prayer is talking to God. Share with him your hurts and cares, your needs and joys, just like you would a friend.
2) Attend a Bible believing church on a weekly basis where you can learn about your life with Jesus and make new
It is important as a new Christian that you grow in your walk with the Lord. That is why attending a good church will be important to your spiritual growth. Making Christian friends will also make a big impact in your new life with Jesus.
3) Share with some the decision you made to follow Jesus.
There’s probably someone in your life that has been praying for you, someone you know who is a Christian. Tell them about the decision that you made to follow Jesus.
Your new life begins right now!